1.0 Our Commitment to Privacy
- Church.org, LLC respects the importance of applicant information security and personal privacy. Further, Church.org, LLC is committed to handling an applicant’s information in a secure environment. Therefore, we have made it a critical focus to protect the confidentiality and security of the personal information you provide us.
2.0 The Information We Collect
- We may collect two types of information: Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII).
- PII- PII is information that identifies a specific user of the Services and is provided by the user.
- When you engage in certain activities on the website, such as when you register to use the Services, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself that we will collect and store.
- Depending on what activity you are engaged in, some of the information that we request will be identified as mandatory or as voluntary.
- If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular activity, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity.
- We log Internet protocol (IP) server addresses for system administration purposes and catalog traffic patterns through the Sites. This information may or may not be linked to an applicant’s personal information at our discretion.
- You do not have to engage in the activities in which we ask you to provide such information. But if you choose to do so, we may ask you to provide information, such as your first and last name, gender, email address or date of birth.
- Non-PII: Non-PII is information that identifies your computer and its navigational patterns through the Services (but not a specific user).
- We may automatically collect Non-PII information when you visit the Services, through the use of a variety of tools including cookies (small text files that are stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes and which contain information about that user’s computer), or other available data analysis or collection technologies.
3.0 How We Use and Share Information
- We use the information we collect to (a) provide, maintain, and protect the Services; (b) notify you of promotions, special events, new services and special offers, for example, through e-mails; (c) tailor our product offerings, customer service and overall experience; (d) improve the content, operation, appearance and utility of the Services; (e) conduct surveys, research and evaluations; (f) troubleshoot and resolve disputes; (g) gather demographic data and (h) accomplish other administrative tasks.
- Third Parties: When you register with the Sites, you explicitly authorize us to share your information with our email marketing partners to contact you via email, SMS, telephone and/or direct mail. We may also share your information collected on the Services with our subsidiaries and other affiliated companies, and with other trusted vendors and business partners. Such business partners include companies who provide business services to us or on our behalf, such as to market products or services to you, monitor Services activity, help to maintain our customer database, and administer e-mails, surveys or other contests.
- Opt-Out: If you decide that you are no longer interested in receiving sms or email communications from us, you may follow the instructions in our sms or emails to unsubscribe from our email list or by emailing us at: email@example.com. If you wish to opt-out of disclosure and to be excluded from our mailing list, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legal Compliance: We also reserve the right to disclose your information in good faith as required by law, in response to legal process including law enforcement requests, and with any person or entity that may acquire all or any part of our business or assets, in connection with any change in control of us, and where needed to prevent fraud and to protect the safety, property, or legal rights of users of the Services or our affiliates.
4.0 Unsubscribe, Opt Out or Revoke
5.0 Privacy Policies of Third Parties
- We are not responsible for the policies or practices of third parties.
6.0 Editing and Requesting Your Information
- We will permit you to change your profile settings. Even after you remove your information from your profile, copies of your information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others or it was copied or stored by other users. We may also be required to retain your information by law or for legitimate business purposes, such as to prevent identity theft or other misconduct.
- We will permit you to request a copy of your PII that we have collected about you by emailing us at email@example.com.
- You can also correct factual inaccuracies in this information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.0 Storage and Security
- We will retain PII, including user location information, only as long as our business needs require. We will then destroy or render unreadable any such information upon disposal.
- We believe the security of your information is a serious issue and we are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We use commercially reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your information under our control.
- Depending on site requirements, we may employ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to transmit data between an applicant’s browser and our web server. To use our websites, an applicant will need an SSL-capable browser such as MS Internet Explorer 4.0 (or higher) or Netscape Navigator 4.0 or higher.
- We require that affiliated partners handle applicant information under confidential conditions.
- Notwithstanding such security measures, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Services.
- We also are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
8.0 Minors and Privacy Issues
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act- This site is intended to be used by people the age of 18 and older. We do not knowingly allow any users under the age of thirteen to use our service. However, if you become aware of the existence of a user who is under the age of thirteen, or that an individual under thirteen has provided their information to us, contact us immediately with details at email@example.com. If you have been reported as being below thirteen by another person, we may request that you verify your age to us, including providing us a copy of your photo ID as a condition of your continued use of our service.
- No part of the Services is designed to attract anyone under the age of 18.
- Children under the age of 18 may not use the Services.
- If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, you may contact us to request this information be deleted.
9.0 Specific Industry Disclaimers
- Financial Services- Please note that we are not a mortgage lender, debt servicer, debt settlement, real estate company, insurance agent, auto sales company or automotive warranty organization. This is not, and is not intended to be, any type of application for any financial product.
- Our sites use short forms which enable you to be matched with one or more companies within our network. In order to be contacted, an applicant must complete a financial services request by completing an application located on one of our sites.
- Once you have completed this expression of interest (or information request form), your information will be sent to our participating companies. Our application technology will match a consumer with one to four companies within our network.
- In most cases, a company will contact a consumer regarding requests within 24 hours. There is no fee charged or billed to an applicant by us for the above service.
- A company may utilize an applicant’s information submitted at one of our Sites. In addition, a company may use this information to evaluate an applicant’s eligibility, process an application or initiate and close a transaction. Many companies have proprietary privacy policies regarding dissemination of personal information.
- Licensed organizations are subject to Federal and State laws and regulations that for their practices. We have no direct control over information handling practices within our network. However, we require companies within our network to refrain from disclosing confidential consumer information to third parties that are not affiliated with the application process.
- If a change would authorize the use of your PII for a new or materially different purpose, then we will send you an email notification.
11.0 Contact Information
b. For more information about protecting your privacy, you may wish to visit: http://www.ftc.gov.